Saturday 23 February 2013

Hmmm - thinking ...

What I love so much about this blogging carry on is how supportive everyone is. Such lovely comments have been made on my posts so far and I always know where I can turn to for sound advice! So to be nominated for an award this early on is everything else with a cherry on top, brass knobs on, the tops, the Reich's museum ... you get the picture! Thanks ever so much to Rosie at the Old Magnolia Tree for putting me forward for the Liebster Award - her blog is lovely so do pop over to say hello.
Now you realise I might find it difficult to be concise as my mind has more twists and turns than a Curly Wurly but I'll try to stay focussed.
Let's get down to some thinking.

Eleven random facts about myself:


1. I'm a dog person. Ideally I'd be surrounded by all sorts of animals but I'm allergic to cats so that rules them out. I can't remember a time when I haven't had a waggy tailed rescue dog keeping me company.
2. I love my garden and ideally would have a much bigger one so that I could grow more lovely things to eat.
3. I dislike ignorance. How can people make clear judgements about subjects they know little about (oooh political!)
4. I would love to live in The Enchanted Wood and go down Moonface's slide!
5. Most embarrassing moment was getting caught short in some beautiful Derbyshire woodland. Mr K was keeping a look out to the front but unknowingly a large bunch of birdwatchers were approaching from the rear. Unable to stop I took a great interest in some nearby moss!
6. I believe that health and happiness are the richest possessions you can have.
7. I love the wonders of nature and how things can be interlinked.
8. I've always been fond of a cardigan!
9. I'm left handed, left footed and left everything else - not long ago I'd have been burnt as a witch!
10. I have a slight phobia (if that's possible) about travelling - something I'm trying to work on as there are so many places I'd like to go.
11. I can remember long strings of digits backwards - not much of a party trick really but always amazes Mr K.


Eleven answers to Rosie's questions:

  1. Why did you decide to start your blog?
  2. What do you enjoy most about the bloggie world?
  3. If you could have a famous chef to cook you a meal, who would it be and what would be on the menu?
  4. Real paper books or digital?
  5. What was your most loved Christmas present as a child?
  6. What is your dream job?
  7. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
  8. Have you a favourite song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
  9. What new hobby would you like to learn?
  10. What is your favourite season and why?
  11. Have you got a favourite colour?
1. I  wanted to challenge myself to keep a record of the everyday for  a year but the way I've enjoyed it so far I can see it turning in to a much longer project.
2. The support and inspiration you receive from others.
3. Nigel Slater. I love the simplicity of his recipes and he always seems like a nice chappie. 
4. Definitely paper - at the moment
5. A bedroom set for my Sindy doll. It was white plastic with golden detail - very French. The wardrobe came with beautiful little blue hangers and the bedside table had a working light with a fancy pink shade. I always thought 'when I grow up I'm going to have a bedroom like that'. Not there yet!
6. I would love to be a really talented book illustrator - but I can't draw!
7. One day I would love to go and see the Northern Lights - what an amazing natural phenomenon.
8. For some reason I always have the song Georgy Girl rattling around in my head. Although I was only two when it came out mum and dad were fond of The Seekers so it was probably played ad infinitum for the rest of my childhood!
9.  Definitely patchwork but I don't know if I'm patient enough.
10. I love the changing seasons but Spring is my absolute favourite. To see regeneration everywhere wakens a little something in me every time.
11. Greeeeeeen - I love it.

This is looking very wordy so I'm going to put in a random picture to perk things up.

Early (mis)adventures in dress making on some favourite girlhood dolls!


Eleven questions for my nominees:


1. If you could only have two courses of a three course meal which ones would they be?

2. Choose three words to sum you up.
3. Which film last made you cry?
4. What animal would you most like to be and why?
5. Is there a smell that takes you back to your childhood?
6. What would your Desert Island disc be?
7. Where do you most like to be?
8. Potatoes - chipped, mashed or roasted?
9. What quality do you most admire in others?
10. Sky dive or bungy jump?
11. What 'words of wisdom' would you pass on to others?


Fancy some colour now - here's a picture of the Groovyghan I made for Big Sis last year:

Whoa there Skippy - that's a bit bright!

And now (drum roll) - my nominees for the Liebster Award are:



From what I can gather nominees write eleven random facts about themselves, answer the eleven questions above, then set eleven questions for the next person. They then nominate nine other blogs - each with less than three hundred members. It's good fun and helps us to find out a bit more about each other.

What a long post! If you are still there I would like to award you my very own medal of endurance in the form of some cake candy:


   

Sadly not mine but it looks pretty good. Enjoy x

9 comments :

  1. Hello Jane
    Well we do have a lot in common I love Nature and magical thoughts..
    Thank you for your award, very kind of you to think of me
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award Jane - your lovely blog definitely deserves it! And thank you so much for nominating me :) I'll answer your questions and get my nominees up on my blog over the next couple of days.

    You've just reminded me about The Enchanted Wood. I loved that book, my copy is still in my old bedroom at my parents house :)

    The blanket you made for your sister is wonderful! I love all of those colours!

    Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for nominating me Jane! How kind!
    I'm still chuckling about your most embarrassing moment, and at the same time trying not to think too hard about the last film that made me cry, (only yesterday I'm afraid!)so I'm not quite sure whether I'm hysterical with laughter or tears!!
    Will post my answers etc in the week!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so nice of you nominating me. I'm working on the questions now and me and my daughter are really loving this. Congratulations on the award, your blog is so lovely and your comments are always so nice. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,your blanket is lovely and that cake picture,yum yum!I've given up cake for lent so it was good to at least LOOK at cake!!!'bye for now Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Jane. Thanks so much for nominating me. I'm really chuffed about it! I'll do my blog post about the award very soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, thank you so much for nominating me - I am very pleased and so very touched. I will answer my questions soon. I really enjoyed your post above and it was lovely to find out a bit more about you. Thanks again.
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, its been great fun reading the answers to my questions. i enjoy learning more about my bloggie friends and getting to know you better. Sorry I was so late reading it. It's been so mad around here.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, Oh my GOSH! We are so far behind in blogging lately that we missed your most kind nomination of ourselves. We are honoured and will try to post something very soon to do it justice.

    Also very much enjoyed reading about you too!

    Minerva x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - they are appreciated sooooo much. Thanks for making my day xxx