Now you realise I might find it difficult to be concise as my mind has more twists and turns than a Curly Wurly but I'll try to stay focussed.
Let's get down to some thinking.
Eleven random facts about myself:
1. I'm a dog person. Ideally I'd be surrounded by all sorts of animals but I'm allergic to cats so that rules them out. I can't remember a time when I haven't had a waggy tailed rescue dog keeping me company.
2. I love my garden and ideally would have a much bigger one so that I could grow more lovely things to eat.
3. I dislike ignorance. How can people make clear judgements about subjects they know little about (oooh political!)
4. I would love to live in The Enchanted Wood and go down Moonface's slide!
5. Most embarrassing moment was getting caught short in some beautiful Derbyshire woodland. Mr K was keeping a look out to the front but unknowingly a large bunch of birdwatchers were approaching from the rear. Unable to stop I took a great interest in some nearby moss!
6. I believe that health and happiness are the richest possessions you can have.
7. I love the wonders of nature and how things can be interlinked.
8. I've always been fond of a cardigan!
9. I'm left handed, left footed and left everything else - not long ago I'd have been burnt as a witch!
10. I have a slight phobia (if that's possible) about travelling - something I'm trying to work on as there are so many places I'd like to go.
11. I can remember long strings of digits backwards - not much of a party trick really but always amazes Mr K.
Eleven answers to Rosie's questions:
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- What do you enjoy most about the bloggie world?
- If you could have a famous chef to cook you a meal, who would it be and what would be on the menu?
- Real paper books or digital?
- What was your most loved Christmas present as a child?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
- Have you a favourite song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
- What new hobby would you like to learn?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Have you got a favourite colour?
1. I wanted to challenge myself to keep a record of the everyday for a year but the way I've enjoyed it so far I can see it turning in to a much longer project.
2. The support and inspiration you receive from others.
3. Nigel Slater. I love the simplicity of his recipes and he always seems like a nice chappie.
4. Definitely paper - at the moment
5. A bedroom set for my Sindy doll. It was white plastic with golden detail - very French. The wardrobe came with beautiful little blue hangers and the bedside table had a working light with a fancy pink shade. I always thought 'when I grow up I'm going to have a bedroom like that'. Not there yet!
6. I would love to be a really talented book illustrator - but I can't draw!
7. One day I would love to go and see the Northern Lights - what an amazing natural phenomenon.
8. For some reason I always have the song Georgy Girl rattling around in my head. Although I was only two when it came out mum and dad were fond of The Seekers so it was probably played ad infinitum for the rest of my childhood!
9. Definitely patchwork but I don't know if I'm patient enough.
10. I love the changing seasons but Spring is my absolute favourite. To see regeneration everywhere wakens a little something in me every time.
11. Greeeeeeen - I love it.
This is looking very wordy so I'm going to put in a random picture to perk things up.
Early (mis)adventures in dress making on some favourite girlhood dolls!
Eleven questions for my nominees:
1. If you could only have two courses of a three course meal which ones would they be?
2. Choose three words to sum you up.
3. Which film last made you cry?
4. What animal would you most like to be and why?
5. Is there a smell that takes you back to your childhood?
6. What would your Desert Island disc be?
7. Where do you most like to be?
8. Potatoes - chipped, mashed or roasted?
9. What quality do you most admire in others?
10. Sky dive or bungy jump?
11. What 'words of wisdom' would you pass on to others?
Fancy some colour now - here's a picture of the Groovyghan I made for Big Sis last year:
Whoa there Skippy - that's a bit bright!
And now (drum roll) - my nominees for the Liebster Award are:
What a long post! If you are still there I would like to award you my very own medal of endurance in the form of some cake candy:
Sadly not mine but it looks pretty good. Enjoy x