Sunday 25 January 2015

Off the Top of my Shed (a post pants presentation!)

Following my recent Pants post I had decided upon a little poem to show that things aren't really that bad when you've got some finished objects too show off (I know...) However today''s glorious Winter sunshine sparked off a new idea. 

How about if I showed you around our new allotment? 

Having nothing other than my camera and Mr K's arms for assistance I got overexcited and trooped merrily down there straight away.

And talked.
And pointed.
And talked a bit more. 

So if you're interested in seeing me pointing at bits of soil and talking incessantly you might want to take a peek at this. 




What do you think?

I know. It's in three parts. And the last bit gets a bit jumpy. But as yet there is no editing software to speak of so I'm afraid that's as good as it gets.

At the moment I'm quite excited as using it as a way of documenting our first year at the plot by way of monthly updates.

Not sure. 

I think I've got another wip!

Jane
xxx

P.S. I mention Freegle a couple of times. This is a site, much like Freecycle, where people can advertise goods that they they might want, or offer things they don't. A great form of recycling - well worth looking up to see if there is one in your area.

19 comments :

  1. Darn, can't see the videos. It says they are private ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't either. Got the same private message. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. But a new allotment, how exciting. I shall look forward to following your progress throughout the year. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you are just teasing us :) Look forward to following your progress as I'm a newbie to growing veg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poodles. Wrong setting! You wouldn't believe the struggle I've had uploading these - think I've fixed it now though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the videos, you're very brave putting yourself on the other side of the camera! Look forward to seeing how your veggies grow this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look pretty and you sound warm and friendly. Can't grow anything to save my life though and a patch of bare land does nothing for me! So I won't be putting my name down for a patch of land anytime soon. I do like cooking and eating all the veggies though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, I LOVED your videos. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your allotment is already looking great. I hope you do some more video tours as the year progresses
    Love
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The videos are wonderful, well done.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant. I think you get so much more of an idea of a place from a video than you do from photographs. How wonderful that you got an allotment which had been worked rather than one which had been left to grow wild for a while, it's so disheartening for a new plot holder when all they want to do is get something growing yet they're having to tame brambles and weeds before they can even start to think of planting anything. I look forward to the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a great video (thanks Mr K!) - lovely to see your allotment properly and see how excited you are to have it. I think this will be a lovely way to document your allotment adventures and I'll look forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very exciting......hope everything you plant flourishes, but not all at the same time! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray Jane I've "met" you! A lovely film worthy of a spot on Gardeners World!Looking forward to the progression on the allotment.LOVE the shed.Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful videos, Jane. It'll be exciting watching it all take shape! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Jane!!! Both you with the presenting, and Mr K with the filming and the allotment too!!! It looks as though it is going to be brilliant. Love the shed and all the space that you have! Looking forward to seeing more as the year goes on - and to seeing more videos too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, aren't you the film star!!! Lovely, the videos and you! I am glad things are better, must admit that being from this side of the pond I was unaware of the "pants" reference other than those things on your legs, looked it up after reading your post and am now educated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Jane! So lovely to see you. Hope your allotment brings you lots of joy,fun and delicious reward! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Watch out Monty - new, fab presenter alert! Have enjoyed your film clips and look forward to seeing how your allotment progresses through the year:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - they are appreciated sooooo much. Thanks for making my day xxx