The lovely Emma over at Painted Style (go take a look at her before and after pictures - they're fab!) has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I have to share seven facts about myself and then nominate fifteen others to do the same. Oooh the temptation - this could be my chance to completely reinvent myself as a crafting genius capable of fantastic works of art, alongside being an inspirational domestic goddess. But then you would need proof - that might be tricky. Do you remember Festive? Hmm - best think again!
Okay I think I'd better stick with the truth - here goes.
1. I've always wanted to play the piano. We bought a second hand one when we got married and I can pick out a tune but hopefully one day I'll get round to having lessons.
2. I'm left handed. The only thing it has ever got in the way of was learning to crochet. Otherwise it just looks to me like everyone else is doing things the wrong way around.
3. I married my college sweetheart and this year will be our twentieth anniversary (although we knew each other for eight years beforehand). We still make each other laugh and this has seen us through many a tough time.
4. Our family viewing at the moment is Glee and The Apprentice. Great music in the first and strangely addictive, if horrendous, characters in the second! We are also getting through series 5 of Mad Men - oh those clothes!
(This is actually very tricky as I'm trying not to replicate the facts I shared with the Liebster Award!)
5. I always say hello to animals and birds - yes this does sound mad and I have no defence. (Can you imagine what would happen if one of them said hello back - that would stop me in my tracks!)
6. I love finding out the history behind a thing, a place or a story. And how that history has evolved over the years. I also wonder how we will be looked back on by generations to come - what will they make of botox and straighteners!?
7. My desert island food would be roast potatoes - nice ones with proper crispy outsides and fluffy middles - maybe with a small jug of gravy.
Goodness me - nothing very inspirational there! Maybe I should have gone away and thought about this a bit more but I need to go and move some plant pots (sad but true!)
Okay before I continue with my fun packed afternoon here are my fifteen nominees:
1. Chel - the loveliest lady at Sweetbriar Dreams
2. Mellie - will take you for lovely walks at Mellie Moo Crochet
3.Daisy - will always make you smile at Lazy Daisy Jones
4. Angie - the proud owner of a beautiful Airedale puppy at Poppy Cottage 48
5. Felicity - multi talented! at Eclectic Handmade
6.Maria - a blog with music! at Rosey Tinted Spectacles
7. Jenny - a quirky look at life at The Custards
8.'M' - lovely sewing at Ladybird Diaries
9. Penny - teeny tiny crochet at L is for Love
10. Thea - her header is to die for at Hearts and Bluebells
11. Humphry cumfy cushion - a lovely look at crafts and old books
12.Elisabeth - incredibly beautiful crochet shawls at Elizy Art Crochet
13. Bee - inspirational blog at The Linen Cloud
14. Wendy - check out the zig zag cushion! at September Violets
15.Vintage Jane - a look at all things interesting!
If any of you ladies above wish to take part may I suggest that you have a warm drink and large piece of cake nearby for sustenance. I'm starving!
Crikey - that took a while. Now it's raining - those pots will have to wait!
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.